Sunday, July 27, 2014

Easy Sunday

Hey, everybuddy!
My kitty sisters are busy napping or watching TV out the big screen windows.
I thought I'd give another pupdate on how I'm doing.

 
I ended up getting my traction shoes the same day as my harness so mom made an appointment for me to see the doc on the following Monday, which was last week.
 
Mom suited me all up to get me to the doc's office.  I only wore three of the shoes, bol!  I have an ouchie on my lucky paw and I wouldn't let mom put the shoe on that paw.  We drove in mom's work truck.  I use a ramp to get in and out of it and I didn't have any trouble "walking the plank."  Everybuddy at the doctor's office was impressed with my gear, bol!  and my three shoes :)
 
For this appointment we were seeing my usual doctor.  She was happy with how well I had come in a week's time.  She gave mom some options on things to try, like herbal remedies, if my recovering seems to stagnate.  Then I got an "adjustment".  The doc had this funny tool that punched or zapped me along my spine.  I wasn't so sure about it at the time but afterward my back felt pretty good.

 
Since last week I have been taking mom on our usual walking route, and weekend mornings we go for longer walkies and playtime.  It is still awkward for me to turn around sometimes and I still lose my balance if I'm moving or turning to fast.  Here's a movie of me playing this morning, so you can see how I'm moving now.  Mom thinks that if you didn't know me or that I had vestibular disease, you proly wouldn't think there was anything wrong with me.
 
 Not bad, huh?
   Mom always has me fetching up that little hill.  She says it is good for my bum muscles, bol!  Oh, and I always run out to the bumper and then just walk back, bol!  Hey, I am thirteen, remember?
 
I worried mom a bit today on our walk, though, before this movie was taken.  I sort of had a couple of wonky episodes when we were walking around the field.  It was just that I had a thorn in my paw and I couldn't keep my balance limping.  Then on our way home, we were just a couple of houses down from ours, I fell.  I was walking a bit behind mom so she didn't see what happened.  She thinks I've been a bit "off" since.  But really, I don't feel so bad as to say no to a cookie...

 
and even a carrot...
 
 
So mom might be talking to the doc again about those herbs.  In the meantime, we're gonna enjoy our Easy Sunday and hope you do too!
Thanks, everybuddy!
 
 
Woofs,
~Wriggley
 

8 comments:

  1. Wriggley, you certainly ARE moving well for just a week out! 13 is a goodly age for a woofie...could you maybe have a touch of arthritis as well? We would like to see you in your stylin' boots...any number of them...

    pee ess: Sweet Pea is jealous of that carrot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang Wriggley, you are doing quite nicely there pal and you just keep moving on like that! We are sure proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like ya are doing pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paws crossed that you'll get past these little glitches - it sounds like you are doing great otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're glad you're better but we'll cross our paws for you to be pawfect!


    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't think you were a day over 8, Wriggley! You look like you're doing really well - keep up the good work!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wriggley, you sure are doing well! We hope you continue to improve and don't have any more episodes that worry your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So how are you? What about the new herbal remedies? Any luck? We do hope you will continue to get better.

    ReplyDelete