Thursday, March 3, 2011

What If... and Thankful Thursday

Today is What If Cats and Dogs Had Thumbs Day.

Smidgen is practicing growing a thumb:

::sigh::  If only.  Why, if we had thumbs, we'd sure show our mom a thing or two with this blogging thing.  We could have the fish store on the telephone speed dial.  Wait, do we have a fish store here?  No can of stinky goodness would be left unopened.  And that's just for starters!  What would you want to do if you had thumbs?

While you're thinkin and dreamin, let us tell you about our Thankful Thursday.  We are thankful for our furriends Kassey and her Mom and the Furry Dance Cornish Rex Cats of Curls and Swirlz for giving us the Stylish Blogger Award.  We are really touched and honoured!


Furst we need to thank the furriends that gave us this award: thank you very much Kassey and your Mom, and Teri and the cats of Curls and Swirlz!  Now we need to tell you all 7 things about us you may not know.  This is tough but here goes...

Minnie: I don't care to make biscuits.  I'll flex my paws a little but other than that, I have no culinary ambitions.
Mom also calls me a quintessential cat cause she says I'm an instigator, trouble maker, and general mischief maker...I don't know what she is talking about!

Pip: I'm a licky cat.  Sometimes I'll climb on mom's shoulders and lick her head.  Or if I'm sitting in her lap I'll lick her hand and arm.  I've almost licked raw spots on her, mol!


Smidgen: I used to have a long tail but a couple of years ago I had an accident and it had to be amputated.  I had a beautiful long tail but now I have a cute little nubbin.  Even so, my little nubbin tail is very expressive :-).

I also like to head-butt and I'll rear up on my hind legs to hit mom's hand when she puts it out to pet me.

Hollie: I *heart* toona and the lady broke her no fish-type fud rule just for me!


And finally, we are lap cats but only on our own terms.  If mom picks us up to hold us or put us on her lap, we won't stay!

We're supposed to pass this award along to 7 other blogs but honestly we think all of our furriends have stylish blogs and deserve this award!  We know many have all ready received it, though if any cat hasn't and would like, please accept this award from us, copy the award pic-sher to your own bloggie and share 7 things about yourself!

Thankyou furriends!

9 comments:

  1. We enjoyed reading yoor facts. We're sorry Smidgen had an accident but the cute little nubbin tail is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award. It's nice to learn some new things about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smidgen, we're sorry you had an accident too, and lost your tail! Yikes! But we're sure you can express yourself just fine without it!

    It was great to read the 7 things...Concats on the award!

    -Nicki and Derry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award. We loved hearing all about all of you. We are the same way. We won't sit in a lap if forced to do so. Sorry to hear about Smidgen's tail. But a short tail sounds pretty neat.
    We would love to have thumbs. Wow, think of the things we could do. Hope you all have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did losing your tail make you sick? We know of another kitty who lost his tail in an accident, and it makes him sick all the time! He says that cats' tailbones are like their balancers, and without their tail they can get vertigo and other problems!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a fun list and y'all are very stylish indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smidgen I was born without a tail and Momma says I still say as much without it as all the tailed cats in the house.
    Concats on your award and we certainly enjoyed learning more about each of you.

    purrin
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. We loved reading all abowt yoo!

    ReplyDelete