We interrupt our regularly scheduled Toesday report because we gots an award!
Thank you so much to the Katnip Lounge for passing this on to us - we are touched. We have a lot of fun visiting them and seeing what crazy things they are up to.
The award is for our mom an she is supposed to say seven things about herself. She liked how others were letting the kitties do the talkin, so she's gonna let us dish the dirt, mol!
1. Friends call our mom “scrappy” because aside from catching wild monster Smidgen (mol), she once wrangled a baby ‘possum that had gotten stuck inside a house an helped set it free. She is petite though stronger than she looks!
2. She studied and has her degree in Animal Science but she works with plants. In fact, she has always worked with plants and not animals.
3. She loves learning about animal behavior and clicker training. She likes to teach our doggy bro both silly and useful tricks. She’s even taught Pip a couple.
4. Mom loves books and reading. Her dream was always to have a room in her house that was a “library” and she has that now! She doesn’t think she could ever get one of those electronic readers…she says there is just something special about a real book.
5. Mom has absolutely no sense of style and Hates (!!) clothes shopping. She says she is glad that she can just wear jeans and a T-shirt to work!
6. She was never allowed to have a cat when she was growing up. As a teenager, the summer before she left home for college, she took in an orphan litter of kittens. She smuggled them into her room and it was a month before she had the nerve to tell her dad. He never knew about them! And of course he had to say they could stay! (The ones she kept became loved companions for her brothers).
7. Our mom loves art, including comics, animation, and certain Anime. She even does some drawing and painting.
We hope you enjoyed readin' these few things about our mom.
We’d like to pass the award along to a few of the first friends we've made since starting our blog:
take that, placemat! I'm not afraid anymore!